The hosts of JailCast really messed up last episode and offended an important member of the community. They reach out and apologize for this and also attempt to correct some misinformation that they talked about involving the Apple firmware signing process. It was never their intention to incite the ire of anyone let alone someone who has contributed way more to the community in the past than they could ever hope to.
After that they cover a little bit of news including Apple intentionally bricking iPhone 6’s and iPhone 6 plus’s that have been repaired or modified by a third party, throwing an error 53. Apple has stated that this is a security concern related to TouchID hardware. The team shares their thoughts on this.
They cover a number of new tweaks that have come out and Josh reads a post from Reddit user /u/TomLube about the iOS BootChain. Check it out to get all the details!
- [Discussion] It looks like we (JailCast) were completely wrong about the illegality of breaking apples signing process. Can anyone provide more information?
- [Request] Add “Up Next” to the YouTube app.
- [Discussion] Instagram has rolled out multiple account support to select users, here’s how to enable it.
- [Question] Error 53 explanation???
- [Discussion] Removing BatteryStatusBar fixed my issue of being unable to use quicklook to view attachment previews on iOS9
- [QUESTION] Where is the GridSwitcher tweak that looked amazing CPDigitalDarkRoom posted? I was super excited!
- Most popular iPhone Models
- How iOS boots, and why we MobileSubstrate doesn’t affect the device before it’s turned on.
- [Release] QuickClear – 3D Touch menu option to clear the badge of a specific application.
- [Release] ChargingDone: Be notified when charging is done (Free – http://repo.ziph0n.com/)
- [UPDATE] App Admin – Now see Available Tweaks right in the App Store!
You can follow the hosts of this episode on Twitter if you’d like: William @william_vab, Jami @jamieemeli, Aaro @rewolicious, Derek @MTAC8 and Josh @jpasholk. Also follow our team’s twitter @JailCast. Send us a tweet with #jailcast with any questions and we’ll cover them in the next episode if we can.